Tuesday, January 24, 2012

My GPS for Body Positions

I sit on my bed with my laptop placed on my ever-expanding lap. I tried to go downstairs for dinner last night and quickly discovered that my body preferred staying comfortable in my own bed. My Monkees gait from a year ago attempted to take over the scene. I just plopped on the couch and stayed there. After dinner, I did a mad dash – or a quiet stumble – to the steps.

I did splurge with a shower last night. The warm water felt pretty good. Bob also took off a bunch of the bandaging to aid recovery. We’re not totally sure if that was the best option for the day, but we did it anyway.

I’ve started on Class 2 for my meditation instructor certification. I even have the first ten questions done. That is not exactly stellar for, but it’s my meager attempt to keep my brain at least half way organized.  I plan to hit the books when I am through with this posting.

The pain is way worse than I expected. To budge at all sends a violent stabbing of pain that doesn’t feel very good. I try not to repeat such maneuvers. I can see why I have one of the oxygen suckers they pass out after surgeries, for otherwise my breathing is quite shallow. Perhaps I would benefit from the Sweepstake dude to race to our door and give us a prize. I’m hardly photogenic, but they can always photo-shop somebody else in on top of me. I do a pretty good Queen Elizabeth wave though, so I’m as ready as I can get.

I’m really sleeping a great deal, which I don’t know is a good or bad thing. I try to crash my achy limbs on a 74-degree angle because my pain meter calls out, “This is a poor option” when I am flat on my back or side. “Please make a new selection.”  When I go straight back on my back, my eyes get really big and scary. That’s not a good option either.

My poor Bobby doesn’t handle these kinds of experiences very well anymore, yet there is not much that I can do to help him at this point.

Well, my pain pills are calling. I will just take one and it will be the first one of the day. Not too bad for almost noon. I apologize for any real unusual writing, even for me. It’s had to stay focused so my topic is bouncing all around like a pinball wizard.

Thanks to all of you who have sent “Thinking of You” cards. The email variety is wonderful also. I’ll beat this thing; I just am not sure how many decades or centuries that will take.

Enjoy our rare sunshine. Go out and dance in the streets, the doctors vetoed that idea for me already. That’s all right, life is good.

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good:
     -  When I hurt like this, I know that God is the only one who can help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment