Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Afternoon is a Better Fit

Wednesday is the day when I actually write to more of an audience than just my normal jabbering to myself. Once again, I am absorbed with the virtual Bible study called Good Morning Girls. This time we are studying the book of Ephesians.

Check out the website www.goodmorninggirls.org
My daughter’s life made it hard for her to lead a group, especially with two active little ones and her husband deploying in the near future. Shy me, you have to know me to understand the ridiculous humor in that descriptive adjective), decided to try to take on the task. I sent out an email and was thrilled with the vast number of positive replies. Our group is now at 16, about twice what I expected. Yaw Hoo!  With this many women involved, I had to be honest about other aspect of my personality. With that in mind, I named our group The Good Afternoon Girls, since my body is frequently allergic to mornings. (You should see the horrible rash I get if I rise too early in the morning.)
We started Ephesians this past Monday. In just three days, or rather two and a half days, I have developed a kinship for this body of women God chose to put together. We all are joined to gain more from the words and actions of Christ as described through the eyes of his apostle Paul. Then I think of all the women nationwide who daily sit in front of their Bible to look at the words at this important letter. WOW! Now I hear this even went worldwide.  We are one big Bible study group gathered together on a daily basis. That blows my feeble mind.
I admit that I can come up with some pretty hair-brain ideas. (I keep coming up with these weird analogies. Does my hair have a brain with an IQ bigger than mine?) Yet this blog will be bursting with the good news of a bunch of females who want to take time to learn more. Now all of us are fully capable of reading this book by ourselves or even completing that cute little acronym on our own without other people. What is the point of a group? You feel God through a group as the Holy Spirit gently floats through our hearts leaving behind God’s love, thoughts and undying love. On top of all that, we get to share it with others.
I am heading to the hospital for a surgery tomorrow on my back. (I actually can handle the hospital part because mine makes the very best desserts to have at any time of day or night. I just call them up on the phone. Wouldn’t that be nice for real life?) I wrote a short note to my group asking for prayers. I know I will be rewarded with many. Now I even put this on my blog and Holy Toledo, I’ll get the prayers nonstop. Those will help me get through the pain part.
So I thank all you dear readers for your many prayers. I feel God’s love from this great group of girls in the morning or afternoon. Life is Good!
God Uses Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good:                                                                                      -  Since I am on disability and not working, alias becoming a bum, I can take time to read all of these wonderful blogs.

1 comment:

  1. I love your attitude! I hope all goes well for you tomorrow. I will pray for you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete