Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Grandmas Lavish on the Good Stuff

I’m a grandma! Anybody who has met me for more than 3.75 seconds has been drenched with my love for the two cutest grandsons in the whole wide world. Pictures have been out while I stood even that much taller as my pride overtakes any aches or pains of the day.

I was a single mom for a while where I developed a special bond with my fabulous daughter. (She doesn’t know how she has lost her ranking by her giving birth to two kids that I like. She’ll comprehend it when she is a grandma!) My daughter kept me going and encouraged me to live the life of the fascination of a preschooler. I was always inundated with pleas to check out this neatest thing that God made just for us. We have a really cool God.

Then, when I became a grandmother, everything changed. I could then see with infinitesimal precision how God could love these little masterpieces. Forget the Grand Canyon or Milky Way! The best things molded in God’s hands were these loving grandchildren. If the whole world loved with the same power as that shared between a grandchild and grandmother, the threat of nuclear warfare, or even any warfare, would drift away with the morning dew. I will do anything to make this world a better place.

My eldest grandson is now the perfect age of 4. He knows that he can skip any requests to Santa for I will get the packages of his dreams for him. He knows that I will search the heights of the heavens and depths of the oceans for “a helicopter with buttons.” I searched; he got it for his birthday.

Yet I am more than a naïve guppy who pops out fancy gifts at each whim of a grandchild. Teddy, and his brother Ollie, know that I love them ‘’forever and always”. So does every member of my family, my church, my city and my state. I thought I heard mention of it last night on Obama’s State of the Union Address.

http://www.goodmorninggirls.org/

I can now read through these words of Ephesians and comprehend how these youngsters can be “holy and blameless in his sight.” (Verse 4) I “lavish” on Teddy and Ollie all “wisdom and understanding.” (Verse 9) Their “inheritance” is “guaranteed.” (Verse 14) They will get “wisdom and revelation” (verse 17) and the “riches” of a “glorious inheritance.” (Verse 18)

I understand his love for his children and those grandkids too. God chose me before “the creation of the world.” (Verse 4)  Life is very good, for you, and me, and those two darling grandsons.

God Uses His Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good
     -  I get extra time to share the book of Ephesians

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I found your link on Women Living Well - or is it Good Morning Girls? I enjoy your humor (intended or not) and your love for your grandsons is evident just from the very first post. :) Our local church just finished Ephesians, too. I have just recently found the GMG group so I'm not familiar with the SOAP method but it looks like something I might incorporate in my bible reading. Anyway, it's nice to meet you. I pray that you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete