Friday, January 20, 2012

The Fashion Magnet

I’m home. My surgery was yesterday and they kicked me out of my comfy hospital room to try my success at home.  The only bad part is that they kept all of the good medicines there. I’m not concerned though as I knew that these “ouches” would be an outcome for any surgery where they say, “cut bone.” I’m on pretty strict regulations as I can only lift 3 pounds. Crud, that’s less than the weight of my laptop or even a water bottle. Forget a plate of food. Bob went and got light plastic plates to make it easier. I can’t miss eating; that’s against all family rules.  I’m not to reach for anything more than the distance from my elbow to fingertips. In other words, no reaching is allowed. I go back to the surgeon a week from today where my total buff weight lifting is almost doubled to five pounds. Yippee!

People at the hospital were fabulous. All the nursing staff could go to Orlando and easily get a job with Mickey. Where else could I make a phone call and get one fantastic piece of chocolate cake! Yum. I do believe that calorie totals are cut in half when you had a knife cutting your own back.

If I am still, things are pretty good. Just ask Bob; he’ll tell you how well I am sending him for all sorts of goodies as I play Frozen Statue. He though is well aware of what happens when people have a fall. My surgeon warned me pretty sternly when he saw the snowflakes coming down outside and made it quite clear that falling is not an option. My vertigo is spinning me around anyway so I take the Cheetah Shuffle and clutch, rather death grip, my husband’s arm when I want to go anywhere. (That constitutes the bathroom, but I didn’t want to get too personal!)

 I’m figuring out my limitations. I can brush my teeth but not my hair. I can pull on yoga pants or pajama bottoms pretty easily. Tops are all supposed to be button down, but I don’t have many of those anymore other than nice blouses that probably don’t fit very comfortably. Bob offered a couple of flannel shirts for me to use. I guess I won’t be my usual fashion magnet for the next week, or two, or five thousand and five.

I’ve heard from many of my Good Afternoon Girls stating that they had prayers going full-time. Other friends from Facebook have also kept me in their prayers.  I am sitting up in bed so I can pull my laptop up on my lap with relative ease as long as you don’t notice how I scrunch up my face. I love my new Kindle Fire.  I have an excuse to waste my time with those Durn Angry Birds. Life is good!

God is Using My Chronic Pain to Prove to Others that Life is Good:
     -  I have an excuse for not looking like a magazine cover; I’m in pain! Hee-Hee!

Oh - They had my exact procedure on TV last night. It is identical except for the hospital. Kinda neat stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment