Sunday, January 15, 2012

I Think that was Toto

Today has been quite a day in out household. We were unable to go to church for a couple of reasons. Bob was suffering from pains and aches. His walking was less than ideal. Basically, our two-year old grandson Ollie could have knocked him down using his pointer finger. Well maybe Ollie would have needed two fingers, but even so you get the main idea. My brain, yes I do claim that I possess at least a small one, was floating around the ceilings of my home. This condition had my walking, well, let’s just say unusual at best. Bob softened one of my falls with a quick grab, but I still landed pretty hard on my tush. Good things that I have lots of padding.

Our highlight of the day was probably earlier this evening. Bob was heading upstairs but offered to help clean up some prior to hitting the mattress. I stood up but realized that may not be a superior idea. Things were flying around faster than Toto in Kansas. So, I crawled into kitchen. I have found that it is not so far of a fall if I am already down on my knees. Of course my head occasionally bangs into walls, but I get used to that. Now picture Bob in our wonderful new kitchen moving slower than a slug in quicksand. I was crawling in the kitchen, trying to avoid our bar stools that kept jumping right in front of me.

It was at that point that my silly husband could see the hopeless nature of our current physical health. He worried some state official could come knocking on our doors worried that we were not getting sufficient care. I was not fazed for I knew it would take us too long to get to the front door and they would have long left.

We’re really getting along ok. We pretty much know what we are able to do and when we are able to do it. I made a pretty good supper that even entailed searing and simmering. That beats a frozen pizza.

This is our life for right now. I’ve been blessed with the perfect husband. We each are able to have the right amount of empathy for each other as well as the right honesty when the other needs a good shaking.  

The purpose of this blog originally was to share my strong faith in God. It later switched to a tell-all about Mayo for friends at home who were worried about me. I then wanted to describe a life with chronic pain for those who really couldn’t grasp the whole idea. Lately it seems that I have been bouncing around through all of those legitimate bases.

I think I am trying to have other people understand my chronic pain but not fear it. This is my life. Everyone has some hurdles; I just go under them instead of over or around. Bob’s health issues have twisted some of our plans, but it all works out. We both understand the other’s emotional status and physical hardships. We are trying to learn how to cope, but feel lucky that we have a God who listens, understands and surrounds us with love. Bob sometimes worries that His caring nature is slipping, but I rest assured of God’s presence.

So please read on at future dates to find out more about our life. It isn’t anything that extraordinary, but it shows God’s eternal love for us. It hopefully might even bring about a smile or two. My life is just proof that despite it all and gratefully because of it all, life is very good.

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good:
      -  While I am crawling around on the floor, I can pick up all those things that earlier fell and I ignored because I avoid bending so I don’t fall. See, life is very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment