Friday, December 30, 2011

Miss Pacifist Goes on a Vendetta

It’s one of those lazy days when I lack energy even more than normal. Although the temperature is warmer than expected for a late December day, the sun has continued to avoid exposure. It would be lovely to see any rays of sun even begin to peek through the clouds, but that is not the case for today. Instead, the constant drizzle marks the air and sends that damp feeling to my goofy bones.

I have a huge admission to make pertaining to addiction. Some friends and family have been concerned about my use of narcotics. Now, their use by me is basically nonexistent. This new addiction pertains to a Christmas gift I found under my tree, so technically Bob is partially to blame.

I’m the lucky recipient of a Kindle Fire. This amazing little device has almost all of the abilities of a much more expensive IPad. My Fire allows me to store multiple apps besides the expected library of books. I also can go online, save music and pictures and gather a stockpile of newspapers. My person Armageddon is Angry Birds.

There is no reasonable explanation for a supposed educated woman to devote so much time attempting to crush small green frogs by catapulting a variety of colored birds in their direction. Each game is quick with perhaps four attempts per turn. One automatically thinks just one more turn will squash those little devils.  Now this makes no sense for the amount of time I have spent hovered over my new Fire in a psychological frenzy.

Both my husband and daughter had previously played this wild app on their telephones when bored and want to pass time, but they have never reached  addicted status. I have seen this game before but was not interested in another virtual onslaught of one’s time. Looking at this goofy scene on a small screen did not interest me, but now on Kindle Fire – I’m in big trouble.

Please inform me of any organization that deals with individuals with similar problems. The crazy part is that I know this is a waste of time, but it seems to just call for me. There is no expense since I don’t add ay accessories. I just use a simple slingshot to aim for smiling pigs accused of destroying eggs. Little Miss Pacifist has been transformed into a raging idiot seeking revenge while on a virtual vendetta. What in the world?

But this is a way for me to pass my time. I am able to play to my heart’s content with the serene beauty of my glowing Christmas tree right next to me. Quiet music sets a serene setting while I demolish boards and bricks belonging to those frogs.

I’ve probably spent too much time typing, but I will do my best to classify this time as a physical exercise routine for my fingers. Do you buy that? Watch out little frogs! I’m out to get you.

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good:

     -  I’ve got the time to waste on continuing the feud between frogs and birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment