Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I Believe in Christmas

While I am visiting my daughter, I treasure our moments at her church. She attends St. Luke’s Lutheran Church in Gales Ferry, Connecticut. I love to see familiar faces that have woven a place in her heart and impacted the Christian beliefs of my grandsons. They have helped cradle her spirit and grow to become the loving wife and mother that she has become. A Christmas memory must deeply etched in my heart this year is of their family blowing out Advent candle number four and announcing “Happy Birthday Jesus!”

Stephanie shared with me a special Christmas “creed” used by her church on Christmas day. What power lies in these special words. I’m honored to share them with you.

I believe in Christmas. I believe that God continues to work in my life today through this story of Christ's birth so long ago. 

I am a shepherd, startled to hear the good news of the angels, but eager to go and see for myself. 

I am Mary, aware that somehow God is using me to accomplish things too big to imagine. 

I am Joseph, not understanding fully that which God calls me to do, but following as faithfully as I can.

I am the innkeeper, busy and frazzled, but making some room, somehow for God to be born.

I am the wise man, on a journey of discovery, bearing my gift to be given to glorify God.

And yes, I am the angel, proclaiming in my own life, the glorious good news that God has come into the world and we shall never be the same.

I can’t write anything more special than that! God bless everyone! Life is good!

I’m Blessed to Have God Use My Chronic Pain to Prove Life is Good:
     -  I get more time to worship in new places with new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment