Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Gains or Losses

We are now in our own bed. Bob is sound asleep with Einstein at his feet. I miss the hard spikes of a resin dinosaur, the lump of a stuffed monkey and small little racecars in my pillow that I find as treasures when spending time with my grandsons. The suitcases are waiting until tomorrow. We had 23 messages on our phone and two missed packages from Fed Ex. Some boxes sit in our foyer due to nice neighbors who keep a special eye on our home after a two-week absence. Christmas is in the air.

There for a while I was wondering if we would get out of Providence. The plane pulled from the gate and then we sat and sat some more. The second engine would not start causing the pilot to warn of a trip back to a gate and possible extra night in the northeast. They obviously managed to fix things since I have described life in Illinois. I like having working engines when flying.

Tomorrow is unpacking, going through mail and getting serious about making our Christmas cards. Our laundry is minimal since we just did a couple of loads at Stephanie’s yesterday. I have the usual yoga as I pretend that these movements will transform me into a slimmer diva. It hasn’t happened yet, but this blog will be the first to know of any bragging rights. I’m getting discouraged that my vain attempts to reduce my frame are not having much luck. I don’t get it. I joined Weight Watchers but have only managed to lose about 5 pounds in 6 weeks. I even have generally been faithful. I often contemplate if God is just trying to teach me patience. That’s one trait sorely missing from my current characteristics.

I believe my reiki is giving me some relief from my body aches. Although I still have daily confrontations with my vertigo, my bad spouts of dizziness are down to about twice per week. I succeeded out East with minimal pain pills, so bravo to that! I go to the surgeon this Friday to discuss the implant of my neurostimulator since I had positive results from the trial. I keep praying for improvement, and I know God is listening. I in no way could be holding down a full-time job as a teacher, but I am grateful for any small gains made. (Quite a contrast to my losses wanted in Weight Watchers.)

I’m going to hunker down to my latest book by Jodi Picoult. We discuss it in my book study this Friday. I’m reading Sing You Home. It will be a great one for discussion. This author hasn’t disappointed me yet. I love the way she makes even my brain turn over a neuron or two. The trouble is this isn’t a comedy. We have read several thought provoking books, and I’m in grave need for some humor.

I’m going to try to calm my body down through reading, reiki and meditation, not exactly in that order. I need to settle the fizz in my brain and apologize to my hips for recent abuse.

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good:
     -  I won’t be falling to sleep any time soon with my body on strike, but that will give me more time for some quiet talks with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment