Friday, September 2, 2011

God's Movie


I’m reading an interesting book for my book study at church that brings the topic for today’s blog. The book, Caleb’s Crossing, is new to me and I’m only about 20% through. I’m not going to comment on the value of the book itself but instead on the controversy involved in a key point.

How much control do people have on their lives. Has God already decided what we are going to do and what, when and how we will arrive there? Do we have “free will” to make alterations on this basic path? Do people we love affect our lives? Does prayer change the outcome of our hidden script?

The viewpoint of the character is not the important issue right now, and my feelings also aren’t as important as your own. A definitive answer know to Man has not been attained yet. How does life work?

My humble opinion is that God has already done a fast forward view on our lives. Remember His time is far different that our own. He knows the ending, but He enjoys watching the show. It’s almost like watching a movie after we already read the book. He has already known which people will say prayers for me, and what incidents will cross my path. He knows that I have chronic pain and that I am currently off work on disability. He already knows the people who will pray for my family. Prayer has improved my life, but He already knows that.

I’m almost more confused after reading my last paragraph. I’m unsure how that parallels with other Lutheran or Christian views. I just know that for me right now, that viewpoint fits my life, values and beliefs.

I’m curious how distant these words are from you the reader. Are you thinking, “Yep, that broad is really nuts.”? Perhaps you somewhat agree with my opinions but just have a little tweak on them. I would love to find out how you feel. Ponder and let me know.

God Uses Chronic Pain to Prove Life is Good:
- With my chronic pain, I have more time of leisure to read new books.

No comments:

Post a Comment