Monday, September 12, 2011

Grab Life (and Chocolate) with Gusto

Bob and I are in the middle of a ten-day stay out with my daughter’s family. A large emphasis is obviously with the two best grandsons in the whole wide world. Don’t try to convince me that I am exaggerating because my mind is made up.

I learn new things about my boys and all little tykes each time I get the opportunity to visit with them. When Ollie eats a doughnut (with sprinkles), he attacks it – literally. The head goes down and the chocolate goes in. His philosophy is why wait and just get a little chocolate at a time. Grab with gusto the things you love most in life.

Teddy loves stickers. He has a special tablet with crayons, paper and you guessed it, stickers inside. It’s great for quiet time in church. He writes or draws, then immediately goes for the stickers. He’s not stifled into using just one sticker per page. Instead, he’ll layer sticker on sticker on sticker. Why limit sticker usage? If you have them, use them.

I’ve always been more in the philosophy of save the good stuff until later. I have “good” dishes in the dining room that are pulled out a couple of times per year. My “good” jewelry is saved for holidays, surely not a trip to the grocery store. Even a “good” bottle of wine has to be for special company, not a mere Thursday night with Bob.

I’m going home and get out that bottle of wine. I’m going upstairs to get my better jewelry and then order pizza that we will eat on our good china. After all, life is short, but it surely is good.

God’s Lesson Using Chronic Pain to Show that Life is Good:
- Longer grandkid visits in September help push me outside of the box. Go with gusto because life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment