Sunday, September 25, 2011

Anger + Sleep = Aneep or Sleeger

I’m still fighting this silly cold, or at least that is what we are calling it. I have achy muscles, sensitive stomach, tired body and horrid headache. It’s hard to decide if this is a cold for the symptoms are all my regular traits.

I’ve noticed that Bob and I demonstrate our bad days in different manners. Anger erupts from my poor husband as his frustration at not being able to do the things he wants or used to do with ease boils over. I sleep. It’s easier to hide from my pain and others when I slide under the covers or hunker down on a corner of the couch. Despite our dissimilar actions, we both support each other in ways that would have surprised me prior to our chronic pain. We can wallow in pain while looking up to see our life partner. Life is good! (Notice that I am not the depressed or pessimistic person in this marriage.)

I hope to someday make a children’s book using our fish and corals as the main characters. It will be a nice way to mingle both fiction and non-fiction. I’m still taking pictures; it is definitely a work in progress. I know the focus and direction at least. Book One will star Scout, our sea cucumber. Max and Erma, my clownfish, will wait for the second edition. It would be great to have a model ready for the boys’ Christmas, but I may be a little optimistic about that. I plan on just using Shutterfly to make the initial book and then let God and friends take it from there.

My dream is always to get “something” published. Items in our church newsletter don’t qualify. I would be happy with a $1 bonus, but even that may be beyond reality. So many people have told me that I should be a writer, but I’m overwhelmed on how to reach that dream. I start to feel that I have taken a first step forward when my lack of confidence knocks me over. It would be lovely for an editor to knock on my door, pleading for a copy of my blog or church newsletter in order to place these sacred pages on the doorstep of others. My luck would have me sleeping and miss the contact, Einstein would be growling his ferocious bark, and Bob would order the person off our property. I’ll have to work on that approach a wee bit more.

I am continually amazed at the number of page views found on my blog. How in the world could there now be over 3,500? I even have it marked not to count my views so I’m not sitting here all day logging on. Now I just need to pray it’s not by 100 school marms Xeroxing copies showing appalling writing styles. Can’t you just picture them with their glasses part ways down there noses? (Note to self – my glasses currently sit at the base of my schnoz. Watch the wisecracks! Oops!)

One last kudos before I close off this rambling example of dire writing. Hurrah to the person who invented long yoga pants. Although I try to join my fellow yogis twice a week at the Y, I love to pull these stretchy pants off the closet shelf and onto my growing frame. Today I even wore them with my beloved Bears jersey. It didn’t do the Bears any good, but it temporarily hid my waistline from others.

Enjoy autumn everyone. Here in Chicagoland we are to expect rain and low 70’s for three days. That means there has to be fabulous weather somewhere else on this planet. Hopefully, it belongs to you. Just keep repeating, “Life is good.”

God Uses Chronic Pain to Show Life is Good:
It lets me stay home from work to help out the man of my dreams.

1 comment:

  1. I always enjoy your column in the church newsletter, so I think it counts!
    I think you are an excellent writer! I think it is God's way of letting you get out of the body that has given you so much trouble! I would love to read your children's books! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete