Saturday, September 10, 2011

Not Cards and Fantasy Baseball

What a wonderful day of sunshine, hot dogs and home runs. All six of us got to go to New York and see the Cubs win. See, miracles do happen. What a beautiful stadium with fun stuff going on all the time. I guess you could see Teddy and I during a replay in the 4th inning, but I’m not sure if television channels show what we saw on the Jumbotron.That is such a funny word. I’m not sure if it is really a trademark name like Kleenex or not. I had a Jumbotron type of day. Woo Hoo!

It’s so wonderful seeing all four of my kids happy and comprising a beautiful family. We’ve had lots of laughs, tickles and memories during the last four days. I have many silly stories from the time with the kids. Our love for Christopher grows more on each visit. Bob and I can rest confident that our Stephanie is doing just fine. Her strong Christian beliefs are so very evident. You can almost see the power of the Holy Spirit when you walk in the door. She couldn’t be a better mother or wife, and she’s “durn” good as a daughter also.

We’re hanging in there with our health, but are both worn out at the end of the day. Poppy is finding naptime one of his favorite times. We’re taking advantage of our limits with the help of pain pills, and I wouldn’t have it any other day. Sorry Mayo! This choice is what we believe is best for us in the short AND long runs as we treasure time together as a family.

I’m ready to get even on the Monopoly Deal card game tonight. So far, Stephanie has won five games, Christopher has won four, and I have won a whopping zero. Do you see something wrong with this picture? I’m plotting revenge for tonight, but I’m not sure my luck will be altered.

Chris and I are also head to head in the fantasy baseball play-offs. Right now, I have won 4, lost 5 and tied 1. Week One ends tomorrow, so it looks like I will be staying up a little late saying prayers. I can’t get beaten in cards and computer games. I still have my dignity you know.

Tomorrow is also Rally Day at their church: the official start of the Sunday School season. I can’t wait to watch the festivities and thank God for my life while in His house. Life is so very good.

Well, the big kids are down here after bathing the babes. I’m going to go try and get even. This can’t go on in cards and baseball games, but I’ve got a secret. Even if I lose in both of those, I really won in the long run. Boy, life is good.

God Uses Chronic Pain to Prove Life is Good:
- Even with our medical distractions, we can often grit our teeth and push through it. Yes, life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment