Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Dreams are Whispers from the Soul

have begun a new nightly routine since my birthday last week. While at the spa, I found a prayer devotional journal that I felt would stretch my Christian growth. I recognized that I had fallen into habits that were not making me grow. (Besides my waistline that is!) With my physical conditions, I frequently missed the various Bible studies offered at my own church. Besides that, I admit that frankly I am just lazy, blaming my constancy on my back, brain and really whole body. Although I am aware of the tasks confronting me each day, I allow those handicapping characteristics to too often control my actions. It’s accurate that I frequently cannot safely drive a car or even walk down a hallway. My speech has slowed, stuttered and slurred. I don’t like these physically constricting binds to overtake the whole Janet. Now more than ever, I need the Lord by me. I’m blessed with the comfort of the Holy Spirit and honestly thank God daily for my Christian faith. However, I also know that I must not allow my walk with God to remain stagnant. I must continue to learn and grow in Christ’s words. So, along comes the devotional.

I’m daily questioned about things as simplistic as special prayers I have for that date. No problem there. I’ve always been quite persistent to “tell” God of my prayers. It’s just the listening piece that needs a great deal of perfection. I also must list some of my answered prayers. I have a whole page to reflect on God’s presence in my life that day as well as write goals for tomorrow that will help my Christian life unfold. A great part is where I need to write any inspiration that has blessed me during the day, such as Bible verse, quote, etc.

Throughout this process, a great website became known to me. It’s called Simple Truths. By surrounding ourselves with positive writings, pictures and people, our personal demeanor reflects such associations. It’s getting late and I know that I am not describing this to the fullest. Basically, if you want to be happy, be around things (and people) that are happy. That sounds quite naïve as I type along, but the philosophy is quite accurate. We all have been around those grumblers only to start grumbling ourselves. The same behaviors also occur on the positive side.

Here are a few of the quotes I read today that I found most compelling:

• Dreams are whispers from the soul.
• There are the dreams we have for our life and there are dreams that life has for us. — Marcia Wieder, Author.
• When we choose not to focus on what is missing from our lives but are grateful for the abundance that's present... We experience heaven on earth.
• Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain! - Vivian Green
• I must be the happiness I wish to share in the future.
• Live the life you love; Love the life you live.
• Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. ~ Martin Luther King
• You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great. ~ Joe Sabah
• Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.”

Tell me how I can possibly be down in the dumps when concentrating on any of the above quotes. You can’t just read through the list once though, give a quick hmmmf, and go ahead with your plans. Instead you must take one and let it seep into your soul as life brings a smile to you. You know what I always say: I’m a grandma and Life if good.

Way God Uses Chronic Pain to Prove Life is Good:
- He provides me with the time to find great sites like Simple Truths.
www.simpletruths.com

No comments:

Post a Comment