Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Yoga, Wine and Ravioli

Mad! Angry! Frustrated! Alone! Hopeless! Those were some of the feelings coursing through my deflated body today around 11:45 AM. I’m glad that my husband could be with me for this volcano erupting inside my crumpled spirit as we left this wonderful neurologist who was new to the suburbs and already highly respected by my pain doctor and multiple other nearby medical facilities. After waiting 90 minutes and finally being ushered into “his” presence, I felt that our emotions were supposed to replicate Dorothy’s when she initially met the wizard. He was constantly referring to the work of an earlier neurologist I saw following my first hospitalization for migraines way back in spring of 2008. I left that doctor for his narcissistic attitude and strong penchant for simply prescribing medications. This doctor also supported conservative psychological stands. I never found the Freudian bust, but I figured it had to be nearby. Guess what! We left the office gripping a prescription for another strong medication along with the doctor’s encouragement to go to one of the nearby headache clinics. We talked the longest about my depression, which became more severe after talking with him. He really felt that this new medicine was the only option for me, but he was willing to increase it next month! (I could hear the screams of the PRC who wanted me on NO medicine!)

So, I am not any closer to finding some solution, accommodation, answer, let alone miracle that could help ease any of my current symptoms. That marvelous high we experienced after leaving Bob’s last doctor appointment dramatically came to a screeching halt. This is exactly why I try to avoid new doctors. My hopes go up even with my constant reminders to avoid any positive expectations. My dreams of some assistance had snuck around me when I wasn’t watching and managed to enter my spirit. I got there hoping for some secret potion even though I knew better. POW! Those five adjectives that I started today’s post with tackled all of my hopes.

I went to the Y for my yoga class and even dragged along Bob to work in the gym. I was kindly greeted and questioned about my recent absences. I ended up on the floor for much of the class even though my classmates were seated or standing. My vertigo just wanted some attention, and I felt good being back, sweaty and stinky. We headed home feeling a good tired. My spirit was lifting.

I’m so glad that a friend called asking us out for a spur of the moment dinner. Six of us gathered just a few hours after the infamous doctor appointment. We had a little vino and lots of great Italian food. There was even better conversation that somehow miraculously started lifting up my deflated spirit. Further laughter within these relaxed friends convinced me. God was reminding me through yoga, wine and ravioli life really is good. (The warm bread was yummy too!)

Way God Uses Chronic Pain to Prove Life is Good:
- Marvelous friends are placed in your paths to help you through rougher times.

No comments:

Post a Comment