Sunday, July 17, 2011

Farewell Stinky Couch

Last night, we made marvelous plans for a day for church and geocaching prior to the onslaught of the heat. Following multiple finds and plans for even more, we would head on home confident of a day well used to watch the USA v Japan soccer game.

Plans are meant to be changed. I learned that long ago. I tried to get ready for the early service, a rare feat for this non-morning person. I managed to be up and dressed as I even brushed on some powder and a wee bit of blush. That’s make-up for me. Trouble hit as I left the bathroom. My right leg was once again cramping away with spasms from my angle to upper thigh. It hurt placing any weight on the leg causing my fat appendage to just give in. Fabulous. I could barely take two steps. I tried to lie down and have gentle stretches. Well, so much for that idea. Good-bye church and geocaching! We are home rooting for the USA, begging for a USA score.

What a special strength my leg possesses. Can you imagine your life if it would be able to just “give in” on certain engagements or days without being a coward? You have a test coming up and a super party created less than an ideal study situation. Sorry, I’ll take the test next week. You come across the wife of your ex on the day you worked outside, wore torn clothes, and have a crabby temperament to start with. You just step back for the scene to transfer to a different time. Things aren’t looking well. I’ll give in for now and start over in one week. I dreamed of all these significant changes pulled from my grasp as I lay in my bed trying to stretch away my spasms.

Tomorrow should be rather unique as a team comes to our home and invades our basement. My job is to sit and say “discard, clean, store or save” while I am plopped in our basement. The amount of things we have in the basement should send shivers down their spines. We store extra food, somewhat like a pantry. All items boxed need to be thrown away while jarred items can be wiped clean. Christmas trees lean against the corners while tubs of stuff clutter the floor. It’s an exciting opportunity for us to finally clean out the basement with limited work on our behalf. I pray limited work. You will quickly find out if my forecast matches reality. The sectional couch and bar will be gone. They get to monkey around trying to get them out of our residence, not an easy task with a tight turn on the steps and another in the hall. I want to purchase new storage possibilities as long as the rooms sits empty. With new carpeting and fresh ceiling tiles, we can readily transform this space. I’m unsure if they will wash the paneling or pull that all out. It doesn’t matter, it will be clean and fresh.

The fire was nearly the worst thing that ever happened to Bob and I. Our home and our lives were barely saved by just minutes of quick work. Two more minutes would have brought a different ending. Now we are picking out new carpeting and working with a team of people here to help empty our basement at no cost to us. What a perfect example of things turning from horrible to thank you Lord.

My leg is now better. I hope it remains so for tomorrow for I feel the day may be more active than to what I am accustomed. The final result will be wonderful for I know that life is good.

Benefit of Chronic Pain Proving through God that Life is Good:
= You get time to concentrate on turning bad thoughts into good ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment