Friday, July 29, 2011

Fireman Cookies

Yes! I finally have some good news to report from our household.

First, we got a wonderful, but totally unnecessary cookie bouquet from a super friend. Now, I’m probably one of the biggest fans of cookies ever. I think I would qualify for cookies anonymous. The cookies were all on the fire theme: engine, fire engine, Dalmatian, hydrant and smoke. The note was the best though, “Do you stay awake at night thinking up ways for the rest of us to worry?” Now that is a true friend.

The other big news is that I am disabled. I just got the affirmation from the Teacher Retirement System downstate that I will be classified as disabled for this next year. I will retire in June. That also proves that I am old, but I won’t have to return to a no-win teaching position.

The satellite dish guy called to see if he could come early and was able to fix our dish at no cost. He really worked hard on this warm day. We finally have a signal back to our bedroom.

Is anybody else tired of resetting your clocks? My bedroom alarm has been flashing more than a dirty old man with a trench coat.

I had a doozy of a day, even having to cancel an appointment with our pastor but the other two incidents trump me putting a dent in the floor. Just goes to show you how being nice can turn someone’s day around. Think of that as you continue on your day for life is very good.

Way God Uses Chronic Pain to Show Life is Good:
- You get yummy cookies from extra nice friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment