Thursday, July 7, 2011

Is Queen Elizabeth Working with the KGB?

I spent a little time today looking at the statistics part of this blog. There have been over 2,554 hits to this little site. Those numbers still astound me. I want to give a door prize with flashing lights and confetti when a key number is reached. I’ve heard there are people reading my blog whom I don’t even know. Thank you kindly. I get about 13 hits each day. That’s not bad since lots of people I know check on an infrequent basis or have it sent to their emails as an RSS feed. (I’m not sure of what an RSS is but I hope you are feeding it good stuff.) This month, readers are from ten countries: US, Canada, Germany, France, China, Russia, Switzerland, Denmark, United Kingdom and India. I can just imagine some KGB spy and Queen Elizabeth reading this over their breakfasts to see how I’m feeling. Oh well. What this really shows me is there are people worldwide who hurt. These individuals are reaching out to anybody in order to get a glimmer of hope and alliance to others with chronic pain. I’ve seen that at the Fibromyalgia Conference a few years back and the Pain Rehabilitation Center up at Mayo.

By now, a mere slit of hope can keep me going for quite some time. It prevents me from some of the self-induced isolation that chronic pain sufferers exhibit. My previous blogs have diligently searched for one other person with Muddy Pajamas from a fall late at night. (5/30/11) What other songs do people sing when vertigo comes to visit? (6/30/11) Who survives because of the fabulous hugs only possible from grandkids? (5/1/11, et al) The Mighty Three don’t necessarily need to supersede my identity. (1/13/11)

The titles of many of my past blogs make me question my sanity and silently search for those men ready to capture me with one of those goofy white jackets. Some represent alliteration. (Bouncing Blubber, and Brain in a Blender) Others are titillating teases begging for attention. (Chocolate Stops Chafing, Einstein is Sharing his Duct Tape with God, and Other Shepherds Have Bullhorns) Many of my blog titles have been short and to the point. (Hero, Passion, Bubbles and RT) Most importantly these words have recorded my life’s journey as I honestly depict how chronic pain has molded me. I’ve described strange incidents. (Where is the Camera)? I’ve reminded others of my benefit of an open relationship with God. (Just Pray) I’ve opened my heart and soul to the many emotions racing through my veins.

As I read past blogs and look at statistics of readers, I strive to explain my need to place my soul out in the virtual world for intense examination. I yearn for other people to understand the negative aspects of my multiple afflictions while turning to check out my other cute and impressive characteristics. My many carefree emotions have often been strong masks hiding the effects of chronic pain. I openly beg God for help for my entire family and me as we stumble forward learning more about what comprises me.

Not all is bad. Describing myself in Picture Me in a Yoga Position created guffaws across America. My experiences of a late night change of a hotel room during a thunderstorm almost brought offers for a Broadway production. Being stuck in a black, clammy elevator during a power outage after locking myself out of my new room doesn’t happen on a daily basis to other folks. (You Have to Read This One) My plan is not to make you laugh, even though I love when that is one of your reactions. I don’t want pity, sympathy or guilt. I just want you to experience life through my eyes, particularly when the world spins out of control.

I’ve learned that my pain is not the major influence on my life. More importantly is my sincere faith in God. I can’t imagine going through my turmoil if I lacked a strong bond to Christ. Also impacting me is my family. Bob, Stephanie, Chris and those little guys daily embrace me with such caring and acceptance. I’m humbled by their daily expressions of love. Finally, my friends and other family members take time to share laughter, tears, memories and of course food.

Today did not have a ranking of a stellar day. In fact, I honestly needed the assistance of medication and time in a quiet and dark room to survive it this far. But reading and writing my blog has comforted me in indescribable ways. I can tell that people do care about my happiness and cringe when pain captures my soul. The feeling of invisible arms around my heart helps me more than those capsules swallowed earlier today. Thanks for taking time to read my posts to understand my pain and create even a stronger bond between us. Remember that through God, life is good!

Benefit of Using Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good:
- I get the opportunity to explain my pain so it disappears from view.

No comments:

Post a Comment