Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Wonderful Wedding Celebration

Bob and I were fortunate to attend a wonderful wedding celebration yesterday evening. As I reflect over the beautiful events, I notice many experiences worthy of print in my little blog.
  1. Although Jesus was not physically present in this union as He was in Cana, His presence was so obviously with us that it was spellbinding. You could feel the Holy Spirit during the actual ceremony and also throughout the fabulous reception. God is good!
  2. It makes me wonder how we were included in this small gathering of loved ones. A large portion of the guest list was packed with close aunts and uncles thrilled to see the union of this couple. I had met the groom at our church many years prior and later had the privilege of training him as a Stephen Minister. What spark was placed in our friendship to be allowed to be part of this important gathering? I always loved to hear this young man express his feelings for “Big John” could hardly ever be classified anything close to as verbose as I, but when he spoke, “things” were said. His wisdom and love of Christ reflected off each carefully selected word. This is one person who could actually have me turn quiet to ponder his thoughts. One never knows how your words and actions get embedded in the hearts of others. I’ve noticed that through my many students, peers at work, neighbors and friends in church and the community. God places so many people in your path. May they always be blessed encounters!
  3. The world did not come to an end at 6 PM.  You probably already noticed that fact. I loved the words of the groom’s father as he stated, “God didn’t even send me a text.” and “Maybe somebody forgot to tell Jesus.” Although many of us laugh at the precise time of Christ’s return, the pastor proclaiming this remake of Left Behind at least got people talking. I have to ponder if we truly believe that Jesus will return at any time. Although I don’t believe Revelations predicts a particular moment of the reckoning, I wonder if my doubt troubles God. Am I really ready? Are you?
  4. It’s wonderful to see the love in a big family. It’s wonderful to see the love in a family blessed with a single child. It’s wonderful to see the love in a couple. It’s wonderful to see love.
  5. There were many scenes embedded in my heart as my own Kodak moments. Although my camera remained at home, these poignant pictures are clear images of some of life’s special moments. My shots include the look on the groom’s face as his future wife walked down the aisle. I shuddered at the powerful toast of enduring love he gave his new wife. The quiet comfort of daddies and their little girls went so far beyond the traditional Father-of-the-Bride dance. I saw content as the groom’s dad held a tired junior bridesmaid on his lap. The classy uncle hugged his daughter in a captured moment of the world’s ownership. A close friend watched his love of his life gaze in adoring love at a (hopefully soon) future daughter-in-law. My tender husband relieved moments of his own girl’s wedding not that long ago.
  6. I have never, may I repeat never, had so much food at one sitting. We would finish up delicious food only to see the waiters coming with more food. As that piled plateful was consumed, along came more platters. As I mentioned my bursting stomach to others at my table, another round came through that I somehow managed to eat. And it went on, and on, and on. What a true rendition of gluttony! But boy was it good!
  7. God placed with us new faces with souls so bursting of God’s love you could feel the tremors deep in your own heart. Possibilities and promises of a future full of witnessing the power of prayer left us awe struck. May all of us use the many blessings God has carefully stitched in our souls.
The evening came to a close as my husband and I slowly strolled to our car. We could hear the music still loudly playing as others partied in celebration of this new union. We were content! We had been fortunate to be witnesses of strong love, great food, friends from of old and new bonds already strongly attached to our hears. Truly, God is good!

Advantage of The Mighty Three:
  • Your weaving path makes it easier to find bells to share with unions of the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment