Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Other Shepherds Have Bullhorns

My head has been trying to be a one man’s band lately. The bass drum and cymbals are having a good time having a jazzfest at my benefit. With that in mind, it forces me to ponder the identity of my shepherd. Sure, I can give you the answer that I would like people to assume of me, but there are many times that my actions are not a mirrored reflection of my heart.

There are many secondary shepherds who have purchased those fancy, shmancy bullhorns. They are doing all that is feasibly possible to gain my attention, which admittedly isn’t hard for my ADHD characteristics. Medicine is pushing its way toward the front as my body crumples. I don’t understand how my shuddering frame can still gain weight when forced upon a glaring scale. Although Mayo did its best to warn me about this villain ready to pop from any medicinal capsule, the pharmaceutical market sure is loudly blaring its perfect power. Just take one of these pastel pills and you can stomp out that percussion unit and enter a nirvana with a land of happy grandchildren, good books and low-fat chocolate that really tastes good.

My computer also resembles its shepherd tendencies. The shiny frame might be lacking the wooly covering, but I spend a ridiculous amount of time pouncing on the keyboard. I’m hardly as tech-savvy as my wonderful daughter who can locate the answer to the most intricate trivia known to mankind in about 3.4 seconds. I must admit that her time has lengthened now that she is the mother to two active toddlers. I do look for answers online and use the computer to ease my growing curiosity and loss of memory skills. Facebook has multiple games to capture my attention and prevent me from using the same time in study of the Bible. I just need one more chartreuse sheep or complete one more quest before I log off. There are lots of blogs to read, pictures to check and websites begging for my money.

I hope by now that you have got my basic idea. I ignore the calls of my real shepherd. I can’t blame the incessant calls of other distractions for it is I who drool at the computer while clutching bottles of medicine. It’s so easy to succumb to these other shepherds. I’ve got to try harder. It’s ultimately up to me.

Benefit of Having The Mighty Three:
  • I can focus on the beauty of Christ if I stop to look.

No comments:

Post a Comment