Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I See You God

It was such a great day yesterday. I saw God everywhere. It wasn’t in a big burning bush or a poof of gray smoke coming off a mountain. Even so, He was there. Let me explain.

It was so much fun looking around the neighborhood as I drove for my triathlon training. There were little peeks of color in almost every front yard. You could see the petunias, geraniums and impatiens in every color of the rainbow. It was almost as if they were looking out to check on who was driving through the neighborhood while showing off the beauty given to them by God. They were smiling everywhere in small pots on front steps, huddled around a tall Ash tree, and lining the way along paths to welcoming front doors. God placed that color there to bring us smiles when our lives might need brief reminders on who is in control.

When I made it to the Y, I was pushing myself to make some big steps in my training schedule. I was precisely on my tinetable, but I personally needed to leap ahead and make new records. That I did! While I was peddling away on my recumbent bicycle and jabbering away to newly made friends, I realized how God has placed so many people in my life to demonstrate his unconditional love. Thanks God!

Those happy faces located by creative individuals with great visual imagery have fascinated me. You know the kinds. They were popular images just a few years ago. The eyes might be windows and the mouth was a sidewalk. They were not meant to be smiley images: it all depended upon your outlook. I have searched away for these simple smiles but have been eluded despite my desperate hunts. Well, I found one while swimming at the Y, pretty remarkable when you recall my severely myopic view of the world. Then I found another, and another. and another. It was as if God was reminding me to smile. I love it!

I was pretty pooped while driving home and drooling over thoughts of plopping on the couch as a comatose figure. My vertigo had really given me problems in yoga. I needed to keep my ears out of the water because I have found that even the smallest droplets can transform me into a flaying body splashing away. I glanced at a passing truck that was advertising for new employees. The small sign on the back of the truck read, “Looking for Good Drivers.” A quick scan and limited brain cells had me misread the words. I thought I saw the caption as “Looking for God . . .” I checked again and saw my error but liked my version better.

God is out there. I firmly believe in His presence, but it’s so much fun to see noticeable signs. Yesterday, the sun was actually visible in a deep blue sky punctuated by those fluffy, white clouds, but thunderstorms are threatening for this afternoon. The wonderful news is that God has signs enveloping us in all sorts of weather. He lives inside us, but how comforting it is to see His touches around us.

Benefit of the Mighty Three:
  • Your life slows down enough so you can capture those touches of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment