Monday, April 2, 2012

The Week Begins

Excitement mounts with only one more “sleep” before I see my daughter and grandsons. I have always loved Easter, with the Lenten preparation along the way. Holy Week is beginning where we spend many evenings in the sanctuary. We have our palms from yesterday when Christ entered the city with praise and jubilation. Each day brings strong emotions with vivid reminders of Christ’s suffering. Then there is Easter morning, and woo-hoo, the tomb is empty. Party time. Get out the Easter bonnets and white shoes, look for those eggs and baskets: life is good. I just might have an item or two for the grandsons’ Easter baskets. I can’t wait to see them search for the brightly colored eggs.

The sad part was dropping off Einstein this evening. A wonderful woman watches him, and he cavorts with new friends out in the country. Even so, he pulls at my heartstrings as I leave him behind. I feel almost like a cold villain as he whines and looks for me when we head off in the car without him. I’m a softie. This was the dog for whom I was not going to have any emotional bondage. It was so hard putting down Frostie, our last dog, after his struggle with cancer. I was not going to ever go through that ordeal again. Oops! I like the little guy. OK! I love that white furry fellow who snuggles into me each night as we fall asleep.

So now it’s time for laundry and packing. I’ll have to take more clothes in order to be prepared for church, shopping and playing cars on the floor. The cleaning lady will come while we are gone so I better also swipe off all the piles from the family room and kitchen tables. I’m coming Teddy! I’m on the way Ollie! Get those shopping shoes on Stephanie.

So I should be up and working, but I sit on the couch, completing a blog and watching the NCAA games. There’s a chance I could win in our bracket challenge. I always think that is pretty funny since I don’t really follow the sport during the season. Go Kentucky! Hey Hey! I got first place!

There’s a busy week ahead because I’ll be with family. I’ll miss Christopher as he swims around the Atlantic Ocean in his submarine.

Oh, please consider donating to Operation Zipper Pouch. You can send a pouch filled with goodies to members of our military. It’s only $13.80 per pouch or $21.80 with a nice embroidered message on the cover. My daughter is stuffing them with her commission and love. You can check it out at www.mythirtyone.com/stephaniewilliams   Click on My Events. Thanks for participating. Send a note of thanks to the military for Memorial Day. Life is good.

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good:
        -   I get time off work so I can fly off to find two special little boys. Woo hoo. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment