Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Balance

There’s been a crazy lack of blogs lately, but that’s not because I was out in the world accomplishing some earth-shattering ideal. Don’t expect the following words to be packed with excitement for my days have lacked thrilling escapades.

We were out of town during the middle of this week. My daughter’s family will soon be moving to Indiana as her husband works and studies at Notre Dame. He will be actively training and encouraging college students in the ROTC program. They searched for a house to make a home. Results were not what was expected, but my daughter can and will make whatever house in which they reside into a loving home. I could not be prouder of her.

Bob and I learned lots of things these past days and have been humbled by our experiences. There is such a huge, intrinsic grand-maternal instinct that encompasses all my actions. There is nothing I wouldn’t do for those little rugrats, and I think they know that too! I’m glad. I want them to feel that unconditional love that mirrors their parents and God’s.

Teddy still each day reminded me in a very nonchalant manner that Jesus died but has risen for me. This moral has been deeply inscribed inside him. I’m curious how this will be displayed throughout the coming years. I pray that I will be able to observe it.

I loved our field trip to Target. I used the adventure to fill some time and spoil the kids. They have learned that Nanny buys special boxes of cookies for both boys. Their little smiles accomplish much. Items somehow fly into my cart with little persuasion needed. In some ways I feel that all Target stores should be dissolved because I can never enter their doors without spending way more than I originally expected. I can enter to pick up a bottle of makeup and leave with 46 bags of “stuff.” When I go with my fabulous grandsons, you can imagine what I look like when I leave. A semi usually follows my vehicle as I travel home with the happy kids.

Bob and I were there for our supposed grandkid watching skills. The exuberance of our grandsons outdid us though, and they managed to escape from our hotel rooms. The speed of toddlers is amazing. The two dogs were also in tow as these canines were prepared to protect the youngsters from all harm. Their returning parents quickly recovered all four with no harm to the little ones. Even so, shame humbled my slow bones, sore joints and wilted brain. I learned a lot this week, but it resides hidden in a corner of my heart. A large piece crumpled away.

I didn’t take my computer to South Bend, so this blog remained unchanged. We leave for California on Tuesday, but I promise to detail our actions in a more timely fashion. There are new lessons to be learned. Life is good.

God Uses Our Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good
      - Life provides opportunities to raise my confidence and times to humble my ego. God provides that balance to insure life is good.   

No comments:

Post a Comment