Friday, April 13, 2012

My Broken Brain

My brain is broken. I’m trying to pretend that all is well, but as soon as I move around, you can readily see my efforts are in vain. In plainer language, my goofy symptoms of migraines, vertigo, tinnitus and degenerative disc syndrome are being broadcast over Times Square.

There are splashes of time when I wonder if I really need to be on a disability leave. Then an hour later, I get slapped with the reality of my life. I want to have some value in life and the manner in which I left my teaching job was less than spectacular. My chance of getting some future teaching position working with kids is slightly less than zilch. You see, my brain spins!

The weather around here was pretty nice today according to most people’s standings. A few white clouds burst through a blue sky and scattered throughout the heavens by a nice breeze. The only trouble with that is the breeze part. My brain doesn’t like it. If I am outside when there is even the slightest wind, it blows my hollow brain in all directions. I’m kind of like a horizontal pinwheel.

I originally began this blog with an attempt to let people know what it is like living with the Mighty Three. I’ve had these nutty symptoms for quite a few years, and I can finally start to forecast their advance. Before my vertigo goes full steam ahead, it feels as if my feeble little brain is beginning to twirl inside my head. The cranium feels ice cold as the brain pulls to speed around its axis. The migraine pushes along the path of my crooked halo.

I tried to venture outside some today to plant my three small containers of pansies and two herbs. It wasn’t a huge feat but it took its toll on me. You should have seen me huddled over my little herb garden with the hood of my spring coat tightly wrapped around my head. Bob was out there to help me inside and even little Einstein offered his services. That leaves me now snuggled down on our old couch trying to focus on this computer so I can use this posting as one thing that I accomplished.

So that’s my description of the onslaught of vertigo and migraines. Other people have a wide variety of initiations and mine can also vary on a different day. The moral of the story is to avoid wind. I’m a slow learner.

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good
       -  I have an excuse to stay inside and “veg” instead of working outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment