Sunday, June 19, 2011

Still Swirling

I feel like I’m living in a vacuum with the air pressure shoving in my head at the temples. A strong vise has me in its grasp. The cold hole from yesterday’s spike is still quietly taking claim of my disheveled brain. I feel one step off. With my usual two steps off, I’m sure that makes an unusual sight. Someone could film an interesting video, but no paparazzi followed me today.

I still have my vertigo, but it has leveled off and is spinning at a far more respectable pace. The tinnitus is loud but at least just one tone from the back of my skull. The headache remains at a 12 but I want to refrain from the narcotics as much as possible. I used my “bad day box” and had to laugh at the bubbles I blew. I am bubble-disabled and frequently can’t create any soapy spheres from the sticky stick with a circle at the end. I have a 3 out of 10 average if there is a breeze that will help me out. That’s pretty good batting for my poor Cubbies. I just need to focus on that.

I received many nice comments about my posting yesterday. I think it helped explain a section of my life that is usually clouded from view. I don’t want to focus on my pain for the Mayo police may come down and bop me on the head. “No pain talk!” is an important rule at the clinic.

I’m using a walker to help move around. The canes didn’t give me enough support. You might have heard some loud thuds just a few hours ago. That was my thighs or tush meeting the floor or the corner of our bedpost. At least the bruises that are blooming on my body are pretty colors and generally too high for others to see since they are covered by my capris. Our home is not filled with priceless china and crystal, so the cane didn’t do too much damage as it continually was flung from my hand.

I was unable to go to church services today, but the prayers were going strong. At one bad dent in the day, I could feel God holding me in his open hand as I huddled in prayer. The Holy Spirit fills these walls. For that I am very thankful.

Each day will slowly get better than the prior. I will soon get back to all my fat jokes drawing extra humor from my poor memory. I’ll also list Einstein’s antics on walks through the neighborhood and record my lost culinary skills. Yet, no matter what the day of your reading, I will still loudly proclaim that thank God, life is good.

Ways God Proves through My Chronic Pain that Life is Good:
- I have a fabulous bed and couch where I lay huddled while God gently holds me in his open palm.


Thanks for the comments on yesterday's post. I actually have 3 comments right here. Wow! Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment