Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Lazy Day of Summer

There must be a reason for the age-old expression Lazy, Crazy Days of Summer. That’s pretty much what is happening at this address. It has afflicted both Bob and me. Merely getting up, dressed and making the bed is considered major effort deserving of one of my sister’s cookies. As long as my head is very still, the vertigo is pretty much under control. I can’t bend past 45 degrees, turn my head quickly or go into a dark place. Even large rooms make me sing all sorts of tunes. Outside is generally classified under large places, so I pretty much stay plopped on my couch.

I do declare since writing my last post, I have made two real meals in our kitchen. On one of the instances, I even made a meatloaf. That’s big time. I did sit on the floor as Bob dished it up, but I am becoming used to this angle. I feel the vertigo fast approaching, so I have beat the “issue” by sitting down quickly on my own accord.

We did go get new phones. I’m the proud owner of a white iPhone. When they say this is a smart phone, believe them. I’m kind of afraid of it still. We worked through the Mobile Me and now sync items among the two computers and two phones. It only took three trips to the mall to get this all accomplished. There’s a great single guy there with an August 5 birthday if any of you are looking for companionship.

I received a photo scanner for Mothers’ Day. I hope to get out pictures from the past and gather them on some kind of disc. It’s something I wanted, but now the task seems somewhat daunting. I do that frequently. I start out all gun ho, ready to solve all the world’s problems, and then I slowly tucker out and stop any of my great ideas. I’ve noticed that I’m much quicker to give up than I have been in the past.

It’s not quite 5:00 here. I’m hoping to get out a little and maybe find a geocache and fish for a short time. Neither of those activities requires a great deal of energy, so we’ll probably do just fine. There’s always the opportunity to stop at a place with wonderful calorie laden delights too!

I love to look at how so many people have expressed their concern for me. I haven’t written lately because I felt this site was getting too many negative and grumpy posts. My daughter is doing her best to bring smiles my way. She is tending to Skype much more frequently because her little guys and she make grand medicine. My sister sent yummy, home made chocolate chip cookies and included a bag of M & M’s. That’s perfect. I’ve gotten some cards of encouragement and lots of prayers. I need to shake off this funk and go face the world. I don’t like living live a zombie. My hermit skills have improved too rapidly. It’s hard to go out to face the unknown fearing a fall with my vertigo. Bob is generally pretty zipped from physical therapy and spends a great deal of time napping to refresh his body. His balance and coherence is going down fast. I’m ashamed to be like this though, so maybe that’s a step in the right direction. It’s hard to refrain from melting into a small pool as my body huddles in disgraceful failure. Thanks for reading these words for they give me an inspiration to honestly express my memoir that people actually read. I am amazed at the number of hits. Hopefully I can write an adventure tomorrow. Thank you God. Life is Good!

A Way God Proves Life is Good through my Chronic Pain:
- People care and work to show me that letting my body slowly melt away isn’t the best way to prove that Life is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment