Sunday, June 5, 2011

Back to Normal?

Bobby is home, safe and sound. He was the perfect mate by placing all of his fishy, smelly clothes straight in the washing machine. The poor guy was out watering plants and “fussing” all afternoon. My culinary skills made up for it for a delicious dinner of delivery Chinese. He dialed, but I at least placed the order.

We went to church this morning while I played Revolving Door during the whole service. Our sanctuary plays games with my head anyway, when you add a trumpet or organ, things really get swinging. Poor Bob tries to sit in the back row against the windows to make it easier on me. This nuttiness is starting to wreck any cohesiveness of a worship service. Stuff is lost somewhere among my kaleidoscope vision, members of the congregation jabbering to me and others in the hall, and my brain being a gobbled mess. Yet my hubby and I did it together, and that’s what is important.

This week more closely resembles a normal calendar for the two of us. There are doctor appointments, therapy times, classes at the Y and even haircuts for both of my men who live with me. The good news is that my daughter’s family will be coming through on Wednesday. My eldest grandson is reminding Poppy of a promise to go fishing with a red fishing pole. We need a trip to the sporting goods store. We also must clear this place of all those wonderful items that aren’t the best for an 18 month old.

So pray for my vertigo to give me a break for awhile. The tinnitus and migraines could get less too. I wouldn’t mind if my back and hips would let me move with the grace and ease I picture myself still possessing. What’s a little wishful thinking?

May you all have a fabulous week and remember that life is good.

Ways God Reminds Me Through Chronic Pain that Life is Good
• Gives me lots of opportunities to see how much my hubby loves me

No comments:

Post a Comment