Monday, June 6, 2011

Go Get Your Hammers and Duct Tape

For all of you creative folk out there who are handy when it comes to building stuff, I’ve got some ideas for you. These suggestions are all yours; just let me know when you are finished so I can collect my free copy. Patent rights are all yours.

My head is causing me some difficulties that are creating huge roadblocks in getting things accomplished. Running errands are particularly cumbersome since my vertigo makes me the lucky owner of no knowledge on the directionality of the race. Without my whirlwind brain stem, I could dash out with my list in hand and knock off 90% of my tasks. Instead, I tremble on my couch clutching my computer that is perched on my shaking knees. I feel each dip in the room as it careens out to places unknown. Yikes! I hope there is a grocery store on this detour so I can pick up some milk and fruit snacks.

I’ve gone off track, hardly a unique situation. Let me describe some of the items I would love to possess.

I need a new hairbrush. That sounds all simple enough. Go to Target, and you will find an entire row devoted to hand-held objects that fit the brush definition. None of these items fit the qualifications needed for my sore head. I’ve talked with other migraine sufferers and they all agree that a special brush would sell like hotcakes, or perhaps that should be updated to the newest edition of smart phones. My dream brush would have some sort of bristles that would go through my golden and platinum tresses with ease. The “hairy” part is that these bristles would not touch my scalp. My head is so sensitive to any touch that the water in the shower is enough to bring tears to even the toughest WWF wrestler. I cringe each morning as I gently glide my current brush through the ends of tangled mess. Two swipes are about all that I manage, but I avoid any mirrors that might be within 200 yards.

I also would like some sort of blinders similar to those worn by racehorses. This idea was first brought to me during my stay at the PRC a month ago. When I use even the slightest hint of any peripheral vision when my vertigo is nearby, an immediate invitation to come have fun is sent to all those nerve cells somewhere in my cranium. Blinders would severely limit the amount of visual stimuli I receive. That’s part of the reason it looks like my head is stuck in one position as I journey with Einstein down the block. Slow and steady is the only way I can make it without tumbling off the sidewalk into the great unknown. Remember the muddy pajamas incident. Blinders might have prevented all of that.

I really need a vice of some sort. Many a time I have begged Bob to place his hands on each side of my head and squeeze. I’m not really sure of the medical rationale behind such pressure; I just know that it helps with those nasty migraines. This vice would squeeze that migraine into a much smaller block that would be much more manageable for all of us migraine sufferers.

The last item is still in the creative stage. I stopped at a local doughnut shop to celebrate National Doughnut Day last week. I had originally planned to stay there and munch away in delight and secret, but the loud ringing was past annoying. I questioned two different employees about the origin of the noise while hoping the disruption would soon come to a close. Much to my surprise and a wee bit of embarrassment, neither of the workers or a nosy consumer heard any of the ringing. I was waiting for questions about me seeing invisible aliens from some constellation still unknown to mankind, but I took the chicken exit and quickly departed instead. My husband insists that headphones would solve this imploding disruption, but even the best Bose products provide a kind of vacuum that hurts like a son of a gun. Those cute little earplugs have comparable results.

Well, there you go! You have four new products that could make you a millionaire, or at least ten bucks. You could go on that Shark Tank show and become famous almost instantly. This also is an opportunity to make all of us with the Mighty Three awfully excited, thrilled and downright happy. So get out your toolboxes and get creative. I need your help.

Ways God Reminds Me Through Chronic Pain that Life is Good:
Several exciting products can be developed through your personal inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment