Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I Still Look Like a Camel

I went to my family doctor yesterday in regards to my hump. (Read the last post for explanation of my dromedary condition.) I updated him on my Mayo trip and added pages to my file. My records probably take up a full file drawer with Bob’s filling up remainder of a full cabinet.

He commented on my new resemblance to a desert animal and dared to utter those dreaded words, “It will just take time.” We have all heard that phrase from a variety of medical professionals but still cringe upon each utterance.

The doctor prescribed a strong muscle relaxant. I was told to continue with the pain pills and try to remain horizontal. All these months I have tried to remain vertical, so this suggestion was new advice. Well, he needn’t have provided any positional requests because one muscle relaxant has me drooping to the floor. Add a pain pill and I will see you next week.

The fist has decreased to an apple so progress is being made. The added beauty rest is definitely needed but shows no progress. I’m glad I have a comfortable bed. I now am even supposed to halt those physical therapy exercises that are amusing when filmed. I wonder if I can consider myself a diva.

Today’s Advantage of the Mighty Three

  • You get an additional cause when you drop to the floor. Now, it’s not solely the fault of the vertigo. PLUS an added bonus is no exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment