Thursday, February 24, 2011

Hidden Halos

We’re finally on the home front with all the work being done around here. It’s like a puzzle deciding where to best place items. Organization and logic are not categories that come naturally to me. I long for Sabrina’s nose or Jeannie’s arms to just have everything put in place. With all the bloodshed and chaos in Middle Eastern countries, I find my problems with vital decisions of the optimal placement of mugs and spices lacking priority.

The company that diligently worked to transform our kitchen and bath into an oasis of ease and comfort needs to be highlighted. I finally have found professionals more anal than me. The care to detail is phenomenal. Every worker portrayed outstanding professional ethics. Beyond the daily efforts to quickly complete our dream kitchen, the owners depict a concern for our family that extends beyond our home walls. They have sincerely offered assistance in any of our physical and emotional needs. We’re plotting to locate small imperfections so that the employees of Prestige Renovations can return on a frequent basis to brighten our days.

I don’t type those words to provide a 30 second spot endorsing a worthy company. I need to remind people to thank God for the many silent partners that daily cross our paths. It’s so easy to remember the waitress whose speed is just below that of an aged tortoise. Then we moan about the cashier with mathematical skills less than my fourteen-month grandson. Some drivers must use Braille to read the morning paper. It seems automatic to emphasize less than ideal performance. It’s hard to stop complaining when that is at least one thing I do well.

So here’s thanks to those individuals who have helped my family in both an obvious and behind the scene manner. Many friends comment on my limp attempts to maintain a positive outlook. (My hubby shakes his head at references to saintly patience and chipper personal characteristics.) I couldn’t maintain my minimal sanity without the angels that sneak into our daily lives. Watch for halos in places you least expect.

Advantage of the Mighty Three

  • I have much more time to reflect on the people in my life. The only problem is deciding which individuals deserve the spotlight.

1 comment:

  1. There are angels all around us. We don't always recognize them, but we know that they are there.

    ReplyDelete