Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Rolling, Rolling, Rolling

I’ve recently been neglectful of my blog that provides updates about our family. It’s not that we are too busy but rather too lazy.

Yesterday, Bob and I both had procedures on our backs. The hope of these epidurals is to relieve some of the pain in our legs. It takes a couple of days before the effects will be noticed. I however got some effects yesterday.

The injections caused my migraine to be excruciating. I lacked “some” of my chipper behavior and just wanted to lock myself away. Those of you who get migraines will know what I mean when I confess my desire for a vise for my head. Now it wouldn’t be like the old red vise that was in our garage as a child. It would be funny though to picture me standing on a stool, bent in half with my big noggin tightly in place while bundled in my big down coat. I could see Bob “forgetting” my whereabouts and leaving my crooked body in a cold garage. He and Einstein would be nice and cozy watching sports and eating high caloric snacks.

He could finally locate some snacks since our kitchen is basically done. There are a few details that will be finished on Friday. A painter will do touch-ups and a cleaning lady will get rid of the grit that now covers our home. It’s kind of an earthy feeling though and admittedly not all due to the construction. My homemaking skills are severely lacking. You might even say that I am cleaning disabled.

The temperature for the next two weeks is supposed to be well below average causing my idea for the vise needing further refinement. . Can you picture me bent in half with my body stuck at a right angle? I am curious what my vertigo would be like. Maybe I could roll easier instead of just dropping to a horizontal position. I hope that I wouldn’t encounter many declining ramps. If I was outside of our home there could easily be a traffic problem as I zoomed down the road. Could I still get a traffic ticket for causing an accident or going over the speed limit?

My headache is much better today. The house is quiet with no workmen drilling, sawing or hammering. We were sad to see them go though. Bob thought it felt like sending kids off to college. Thankfully, we don’t have to pay any tuition though.

I hope you are questioning my sanity while you are in good health. Thanks for your support and prayers.

Advantage of the Mighty Three:

  • After having a really cruddy headache, it makes the following day feeling fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment