Friday, September 21, 2012

Plaster Dust


Construction teams, or really two strong Polish guys, have been in our home all week. If you take a glance at the floors you can see their footsteps in the seven inches of plaster dust that coat every inch of our home. I want to leave my handprints somewhere. Even without that, I feel so grimy after just sitting in our family room for a half hour.

We’re finally redoing the extra guest bath on the second floor. I think you could hear the exhaust fan all the way in Tallahassee. The door is now wide enough for a wheelchair too. Grab bars are placed throughout our home. We put a pocket door between our kitchen and utility room thus that plaster dust that I talked about in the first paragraph. The one advantage is that it is so dusty that I don’t feel that it is safe to prepare any meals, so oh my gosh, we have to either eat out or order in.

The negative is that by Wednesday night, I felt as if I had an elephant sitting on my chest. Despite his pink Adidas sneakers, I didn’t appreciate my inability to take a full breath. I was residing in the bathroom enjoying my personal sauna with a  very attentive spa attendant that had four furry paws. Bob went out and purchased two air purifiers. The air is amazingly cleaner, but now we can’t afford the food no matter where we eat it.

Last fall, I got to take one of those what are you allergic test with nine gazillion pins stuck throughout my body. I’m so glad that I learned that one of my main allergies was to dust. I would have pretty much figured that out when I was breathing like Darth Vader at the start of the week. I’ve been more tired all week, blaming that plaster dust on all my ills. Maybe I will initialize it to be PD instead of plaster dust to make it sound more official.

Have a wonderful weekend. Keep the mantra, “Life is good.”

God Uses Our Love to Prove Life is Good
         We take care of each other just like God wanted marriage to be all about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment