Tuesday, September 25, 2012

I Love Insurance, But . . .


The construction is done which means that men will stop parading into our home. The grit is done accumulating on any flag surface. They have created some changes in our home that will make it easier for Bob and I as the calendar pages keep on flipping by us. All three of our bathrooms are now handicapped accessible. Watch out Lewy! We are ready!

We are heading back to Indiana again tomorrow as we are blessed to watch these cute little grandsons while both parents are busy. Payment is in form of kisses and hugs that is absolutely perfect for me. I got to introduce Silly Putty to my youngsters last weekend. I forgot how far and wide that goofy stuff could travel. I’ll just end this topic saying Stephanie had to search for Ollie’s early the next day and throughout the afternoon.

My wonderful daughter called doctors yesterday to convince them that my husband (and I) can’t continue with these horrid nightmares that haunt us each evening. This just has to stop. The doctor agreed and sent one of the first Lewy prescriptions to the local Walgreen’s. I had been doing a lit of studying about various medications and was happy to hear that the doctor agreed with me. Although I headed to the pharmacy with much optimism, that mood only lasted until I was told that the insurance company was requiring additional information from the doctors. I love insurance and am grateful that they reduce our monetary obligations to the doctors but when in the tarnation did these folks receive their medical degrees. The medicine we are waiting for is a common drug for people with LBD. It is not new. They said our wait could be up to five days. I want to take a movie one night and send it to them as they continue to dilly-dally about their decision. A possible huge positive impact is just waiting for their approval.

Wish us luck. Wish the insurance companies luck as I start to place some calls to express my displeasure.

God Uses Our Love to Prove that Life is Good
         We both support each other and are willing to do whatever it takes to get through our hurdles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment