Monday, September 10, 2012

My Hero


Days keep rolling by as we adjust to changes in our physical forms. We are ready to say adios to the hot summer days and welcome cooler weather our way. The new school year lets me help out at our church preschool.  I love seeing the excitement and enthusiasm packed in so many little bodies.

We’re getting ready to fight this LBD with all our might. Bob has an excellent attitude that inspires me each day. He is happier than I have seen in a gazillion years. He even walked faster than me the other day as I waddled to try to catch up. We now have settled into our roles. Bob fights with his body to hold on for all he can. I am the cheerleader and coach who hold onto his hand and won’t let go. I’m reading all that I can and have signed up on a variety of websites and forums in the attempts at becoming an amateur expert ready for a trivia game on LBD.

It’s wonderful having the opportunity to see our daughter, son-in-law and of course those darling grandsons much more frequently than we are accustomed. They provide us with lots of scrumptious medicine with each giggle or hug. We tire by Sunday but have enormous grins across our faces. How blessed we are to have such a loving family support us. Life is good.

I finished my newsletter for our church last night with even greater respect for my husband. As you can quickly gather from reading a couple of my honest blogs, I bare my soul (and anything else that gets in my way). What I unfortunately fail to understand as my fingers zip around the keyboard is that I also bare all of my husband’s soul, particularly since LBD has entered our home. I share all the good and the bad, the happy and the sad, the honest and the open. He lets me open up to friends, family and strangers so others may learn more about LBD and hopefully join in the lonesome fight to beat it.

There are not many individuals who tell their wife to spread the news that he is now having difficulty with memory and cognitive skills. I mean wives joke about the lack of their husband’s brain cells, but it is a totally different matter when there is medical proof to actually back this up. Then I top that with mentions of strange hallucinations that have taken hold and grabbed residence in his cranium. Most others would hide and run but not my Bobby.

I glance over at him now and feel the love growing even higher (and my waist bigger and my hip pain stronger). He is my hero and my best friend. Bob has always been my lead cheerleader even without the pom-poms and short skirt. I thank God daily for bringing this hunk of a man into my heart. Life is oh so very good.

God Uses Our Love to Prove that Life is Good
           I get to share our love with the world or rather the two people who will take time to check out this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment