Sunday, September 2, 2012

A Full Stomach and Squished Pillow


My body decided to observe today as an honest day of rest. My frame was in a horizontal position for much of the day. My great husband was also enjoying this holiday. Our bodies had claimed enough and we easily listened to their cries.

I think through all of our evening escapades in the dream department, Bob’s difficulties are creating a night of horror for him. I can surely not slumber in peace while he is screaming just inches away. So, my body let me know that it had enough and convinced me that I have a very comfortable mattress.

Once my body was more relaxed, God sent reminders that I was not alone. A fabulous uncle called me and talked for 41 minutes. I found out about his life and also got lots of comforting words. It felt wonderful to hear his voice and know there were many prayers heading up in our names. Aah, life is good.

I checked my Facebook page and had a long list of people willing to take time to say that they cared. They had read my blog and were touched by the postings. Those words are so valuable and help me so much. My Yahoo Support Group was right there with additional words of wisdom and support. Wow, life is good.

We splurged and went out to eat at a wonderful wok restaurant. A parent of one of our preschool kids had suggested for me to come try some of the delicious food. So Bob and I drove south to test out these claims. All I can say is yummy and I ate far too much. This gentleman even bought us one of the appetizers. Here is someone who has met me once and is willing to go this extra step. Life is good.

There are many examples of my good life. We have a home, not a house, with a very comfortable bed. We have relatives that care for us – like a sister who will drive across the state, an uncle who will take time from his schedule and a stranger to donate food. Plus I know there are more relatives and more prayers and more people who care. I even have a daughter, son-in-law and two grandsons. (Did you know I was a grandma!)

So, it’s a lazy day, but a good one. My body is stronger and my heart feels comforted. I even have people who care enough to read these words. Aah. Life is good!

God Uses Our Love to Prove that Life is Good
         My full stomach and squished pillow prove that life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment