Thursday, September 27, 2012

Happy Drivers


There should have been a camera. How do we keep getting ourselves in these situations?

Bob and I agreed a long time ago to watch some darling boys, who just happened to be our grandsons, while Stephanie worked to restart her 31 business. She rented a table at a fair that had multiple tables from all those home shopping companies. Most of her customers were left behind in Connecticut when she moved east a couple of months ago, so my daughter needed some advertisement. Meanwhile, Chris was teaching. That left the boys to us.

When I finished at church on Wednesday, Bob and I packed the vehicle and headed out after a short list of errands. After poking around while stuck in a long line of impatient drivers, we finally got to the entrance to the Tristate. Halleluiah, it was finally our turn to merge. As I accelerated, my foot flopped to the floor. There was absolutely no acceleration. Let me just remind you of the time you saw a disabled car right in the middle of a busy highway. Now, picture Bob and I, along with Einstein, in that stopped car. Luckily, I was able to coast to a lane that was already blocked for construction Whew!

AAA became our new friend and offered a tow in just over an hour. Close your eyes and picture this scene. Well, I mean finish reading this paragraph before getting any images. We needed to get in the tow truck because it is illegal to ride in a vehicle when it is attached to another vehicle. As I walked to the truck, I noticed a huge problem. How were we ever going to make it in the truck. Step one hit me about mid thigh. Neither Bob nor I are particularly agile. This is the visualization part. The second step was three feet higher. Thank goodness that there were only four steps before a huge leap into the cab. Don’t forget to add a less than calm Einstein to the mix along with tons of cars whisking down the road. This is the camera part.

Well to make a very long story short, we finally made it the dealer who had just received a hefty check from us for a supposedly needy transmission that seemed to be working just fine. Bob got it tuned up so we could make a safe trip. The dealer provided a loaner van and we somehow were on our way only four hours past our original departure.

We’re here in Indiana just a little bit frazzled. Lewy pretty much left us alone and God provided us with many kind people to help us out. It makes a humorous memory of a goofy episode in our life. We can always use a good laugh. All we could do was laugh and thank God we were in a location close to home. I’m sure we made many friends too. There were lots of people honking at me and giving me some new hand gestures. I didn’t know that the Tristate had such happy drivers.

God Uses Our Love to Prove that Life is Good
           I’m glad my hubby was with me, ready to help shove my tush into the tow truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment