Friday, February 17, 2012

I'm Flexing My Fingers

I can’t believe that I haven’t blogged since Monday. It kind of tells you how things have been around here.

I really am trying to get used to this stimulator. There are times that I get these jolts that beat a good caffeine buzz from some huge chocolate miracle with a chaser of my Mountain Dew days of past. There are some benefits of this new little device, but lots of my pain is located above where this unit can reach. It is just my legs and groin, my back is left for me. I sometimes try to turn up the amplitude and frequency to a “rock star” level in the vain attempts that it will distract my few brain cells into thinking I’m having a marvelous, scratch that, a pretty good day.

I’ve been busy working on signing for church on Ash Wednesday. I got a copy of the service and am devoting lots of time to learn and relearn lots of signs. My memory is not at its finest, probably partially due to the fact that I am zapping my body at increasing levels. When I signed with Stephanie in the past, I could and did continually ask her, “What’s the sign for that again?” And she would instantly tell me again and again and again. I loved the mother-daughter bonding opportunity. Now, I have Janet-Janet bonding and believe it or not, it’s working. I am so excited about this opportunity. It’s allowing me the chance to be able to do something and do it well. I don’t get to do “well” very often anymore.  I need this!

I’m not expecting a wave of pity crashing down on me or a sudden onslaught of encouragement either. The previous sentences were a truthful synopsis of how I feel. I’m ever so grateful to have this opportunity to sign once again. It’s been a long time. My church, or at least the choir director, is ready to give me this chance. I’m the one who can’t sit through an entire church service due to the vibrations of many musical presentations. Due to the solemnity of the Ash Wednesday service, there won’t be any loud organ or any instrumental accompaniment. So I get my chance. I don’t mean to shine, but a little glimmer in front of the congregation, my church family would be lovely. Thanks Scott! You have returned to me a slice of my pride that I thought was forever lost.

So I’ll keep practicing in order to share my blessings next Wednesday. Say some prayers that I won’t get jolts and the rest of my body will God-willing behave. I want to be able to use my abilities so others will feel the enormity of Ash Wednesday while I also get a renewed hug from God. Life is good!

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good:
       -  Since I haven’t been allowed to sign for so long, this Ash Wednesday will be extra special for me. I feel God talking. Thanks Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment