Friday, February 10, 2012

Are You Busy in February 2038?

I’ve recently discovered that when part of the doctor’s directions are DO NOT LIFT ANYTHING OVER FIVE POUNDS, there is a strong basis for this restriction. Then when they add NO BENDING OR TWISTING, they mean it. There is a Doctor Fairy flying around out there making sure all patients follow the holy words of the physician.

Let me explain. About a year ago, we had our kitchen gutted, and we totally redid as much as the space and our money could go. I finally got my long awaited window seat. I was fresh out of Mayo and so tired of looking at boxes that we just placed, or actually hid a few in the window seat. We did our best filling in shelves, but now realize that some need some revisions.

The window seat was not finished on the interior, so my brilliant hubby purchased some wood to place on the floor. It ended up being slightly more difficult than that sentence appears, but we didn’t need a divorce lawyer to finish the assignment. I was meanwhile working on combining some shelves and placing more appropriate things on the lowest shelves. Guess what? That entailed the OVER FIVE POUNDS plus NO BENDING OR TWISTING rules being ignored. Oops! Double oops! I lasted close to an hour before God was bopping me on the head and reminding me that he had once given me a conscience that had my angelic personality carefully following all rules. Well, it must be lost under one of my few remaining brain cells or filed away with some cool, retro, disco moves.

I was figuring out that completing the kitchen in one day was like telling me to run a marathon. It wasn’t going to happen. Minor changes aren’t quite minor when you catch a glimpse of Bob or me. Meanwhile Bob had out a sledgehammer in hand while he gently placed wood between some 2 x 4’s. He was muttering words that my new and improved angelic personality should not witness. Yo Bob! Let’s not get God too frustrated with us. He’s already scolding me for not following doctor instructions. How about he not remind you to vary your vocabulary when frustrated or put a lid on your built up anger? Relax honey.

Well, the kitchen still is not finished, but we are making progress in there. Various pain medications helped calm stressed bodies. New meditations techniques were well suited for these past days and sure came in handy. Our bodies both went on strike leaving us horizontal with the thought of my blog no place in sight. Well, I’m moving now so hand me the computer.

All things are fine. Our kitchen will hopefully be completed before Ollie graduates from college. We will attempt to remember moderation as we decide whether we still need that bread maker or my mom’s old electric skillet. I’ve apologized to my body and promise to keep bends or twists at a minimum. (Wish me luck on that one!) We’ll have you over for dinner as soon as we finish.  What are your plans for February 2028? Life is good.

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good:
       -  He bops both you and your spouse when you don’t follow instructions, which provides you with more together time.

No comments:

Post a Comment