Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Gabriel's Pre-Flight Instructions

Earlier this week, I was encouraged to stop and share with my Good Morning Girls group how God has moved in my life. (We are not morning people as a whole and have thus proudly named our small group as Good Afternoon Girls.) I contemplated the questions and wrote my group the following:

God has continually moved in my life, each time getting closer and closer 
to me. I almost am sitting on his lap by now. :) He has been there through 
marvelous times particularly during the birth of my babe, also a Good 
Morning Girl, and the birth of each of her two sons. He's also with me during 
times I need him for help. I'm thinking of going through a divorce, having 
a spinal fusion, and saying goodbye to the best Mom anywhere. Now, he 
scootches over Einstein and climbs in bed with me to cradle my head on 
days the pain is in its glory. He listens to my monologue and my infrequent 
attempts at dialogue. I need to listen more, but I am slowly improving. Thank
 you God for being with me!

It has never been difficult for me to feel God’s hand gently weaving my life story. I feel the 
Holy Spirit fill my body with each long meditative breath I take and every labored inhalation.

Today’s verses gave me a new perspective though. In Ephesians 2:6, it says, “And God 
raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly realms in Christ Jesus.” 
Through all the introspective Lenten services, Bible studies and individual reflections, I 
never pictured myself rising with Christ. I mean I knew I was blessed with an eternal life 
due to God’s gift of grace, but holy bologna, I kind of went, no I did go up with him? Stop 
a minute and picture that and fill your senses with the Holy Spirit. That’s quite a journey. 
I’m so blessed, despite any hardships, hurdles or hiccups I meet here on Earth; I’ve got a 
first class ticket waiting for me. Sit back and enjoy the ride! (Does Gabriel do that whole 
this is how you fasten your seat belt speech?)

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good:
-       A free ride to heaven with Jesus. That’s a pretty sweet deal. Life is good!

Read more great blogs at: www.goodmorninggirls.org

1 comment:

  1. you are blessed to have friends to share your faith with! even if it is only in afternoons (just kidding)
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete