Saturday, May 12, 2012

Pity Party

A week has sped by without any new posting from this lonely writer. I’ve had the opportunity for my social calendar has lacked any activity for multiple days. Bob had his double root canal as well as the removal of his stitches all without major upheaval. Our home is still standing, our friends are all fine, and I finally take the time to write simplistic words about me.

I’ve tried to hide this week for the vertigo I mentioned last Sunday has become more severe. I’ve tried a variety of medicines, all without any changes to my hollow head. I tried the keep going, ignore it and it will go away philosophy with my head just laughing at me. I’ve done the stay in bed, sleep, remain in darkness and sulk move only to wake with the migraine and vertigo waiting on the foot of my bed.

Bob’s been fantastic about doing what he can to supply me with all the necessities of life. However his unileg status makes that a little difficult to say the least. We have more trouble when both of us are on the blink. Yet we carry on, doing our best to fit into the normal cycles of a suburban day. I don’t know if anyone was convinced, but I tried my best.

This latest cycle has been here too long and my lack of patience is quite evident. I loved when I told people that I was a special education teacher, the first response was always giving accolades for my patience. It doesn’t quite work that way. With my stubborn determination, things will get better.

We had a wonderfully relaxing Stephen Ministry meeting today with a yummy brunch included. I got to Skype my two favorite, little men in the whole world. We’ll soon head out the door for a trip to Pinstripes, a unique restaurant that offers good food along with bowling and bocce. I don’t think Bob and I can participate in the more strenuous parts of the evening, but we can root for all our good friends. This is date night, reserved for the second Saturday of the month for couples at our church.

My apologies for not writing. My mood was just kind of low and I pampered myself through the pity party that I held. But it’s time for blue skies now without any spinning or background noises. Thanks for any encouragement.

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good:     
        -   Pity parties are acceptable when they are taken privately and last less than two hours. Oops! Mine went over that. I have to work on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment