Saturday, May 26, 2012

Memorial Day

I finally have all of the flowers planted in my yard. We put in a good mixture of annuals and perennials. Although the work was plentiful, it’s so nice now to see the splashes of color around our property. I started with gloves but soon ditched those so I could feel the dirt surrounding my young plants. That’s all well and good, but Mother Nature needs to do her thing and give us a little rain. I still see the remnants of the dirt creased within my nails. I know I need to water them, but I keep hoping Mother Nature will help me out.

Bob left for fishing in northern Minnesota bright and early this morning. There is no way that he will use more than 5% of the fishing gear that he took. The van was packed as if heading out for some year round roughin’ it days. The forecast is for constant rain up there, but I hope he sees at least a little sunshine. We could really open our own bait and tackle shop in the basement for all his “stuff.” Teddy was able to go “shopping” for his fishing box by just opening up containers. The rest of Chicagoland really could join him, but Bob doesn’t complain too much about my plethora of shoes, purses or stamps so I better just let that collection expand.

I ran to Target to pick up a few more items for my trip. That store really should be illegal. It’s impossible to get out of there for less than 100 dollars. With me being a grandma of two, that only increases the spending. We are doing are best to help defray the national debt. I needed a baby gift and some treasures for the neighborhood kids. Things just jump into my cart. It’s amazing.

The weather has turned warm and sticky, typical Memorial Day weather. I hear kids outside playing in their backyards. This is the way to bring in the new season. It’s officially the first weekend of summer and people are ready to celebrate, but we mustn’t forget the real reason for an extra day off work. There is much more than picnics with burgers and watermelon.  The thoughts of young men and women dying in warfare need to be forefront in our thoughts. They’ve paid the “ultimate sacrifice.” Happy Memorial Day.

God Uses My Chronic Pain to Prove that Life is Good:
      - Despite any pain, my plastic card can ring in the best of holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment