Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Nice Job John

Today’s reading for Good Morning Girls was longer than usual but filled with comforting applications directly from God.

We need to use actions instead of words. That is kind of amusing since I am using words as I type these sentiments into my computer. I am taking some action though by then placing it on my blog. (I know, I’m pushing it there.) My home is bulging with a plethora of material possessions. I’m still aghast at the number of homeless items still crammed in boxes and totes from our kitchen renovation and fire in the basement. We continue to give much away to various charities. Large trucks are here about twice a month to gather additional “stuff” that shows our gluttony. These donations are still pittance to the material we should be giving to those in need. I could dress the better half of the entire Chicagoland if I even gave away the clothes that my body can’t even fathom squeezing into some day.

I loved the words used by John, “set our hearts at rest in our presence.” We must be able to find that inner peace and contentment so often lacking in our hearts. This is like our conscience for it adds that without this, we know “God is greater than our hearts.” I think of the amount of money spent in search of this contentment as we attempt to lather in expensive substitutes for peace. Trips to the spa, weekend splurge vacations, snuggly clothes and blankets, retreats for meditation and relaxation are all part of our busy lives. We beg for peace; we just don’t know what to do to get it. What if we gave away the money we use in search for peace?

Thanks John for providing time worthy advice to those of us who are frantically rushing through our own lives looking for a way to slow down. I better stop writing now and put these thoughts in motion. It will take me 47 minutes to even get this old body in motion.

God Uses Chronic Pain to Show that Life is Good:
-       My body can’t care for all of my possessions, thus get rid of some of my greed!

Once again, please check out the site www.goodmorninggirls.org

No comments:

Post a Comment