Sunday, April 21, 2013

Twelve and a Half Weeks


Twelve and a half weeks ago, my health took a dramatic turn requiring CPR after a cardiac arrest. Tomorrow, I finally go back part time to my job at church with people who worked diligently to help in my recovery. I could not be here - literally - without my fantastic family. God bless that Williams family and my darling husband. Thanks God for being with me.

The wonderful women at church have provided me with a complete support system that filled my heart with love and concern. These people definitely walked the true path of Christians as they wove their love throughout each day. I am so blessed to now know these women as more than peers but some of my very dearest friends.

My fellow Stephen Ministers demonstrated the power of prayer. They were always only a phone call away. They maintained a direct path to God at the times that I needed that the most.

My daughter and her family came immediately to my side. Those darling little grandsons were two of my biggest reasons to keep on fighting. I still picture Teddy’s pictures on the glass in ICU. The support of my son-in-law, as he also rushed to Minnesota to allow my daughter to be by my side, will not be forgotten. I didn’t think it possible, but I have come to have an even greater respect for my fabulous daughter. I thank God each day for having her only a phone call away.

Then there is Bob. It was not easy for him to remain by my side and report my changing condition to a wide variety of family and friends. I could always feel his love gently wrapped around me. One of my strongest images from those full days in the hospital is the picture him standing back watching over me when I had major problems while they were inserting my PIC line. The look of fear, dread and depression etched every line on his face as he watched more and more medical professionals rush into my room. God provided me with one fantastic spouse.

I haven’t used this blog for a long time. I needed and still need to truly evaluate what I am ready to share with anyone who stumbles across this post. Not only my health concerns, but also my husband’s fights with Lewy Bodies Dementia fill my thoughts leaving me much that I need to contemplate. I foresee myself requiring a lot of time questioning my purpose in whatever amount of time that I will continue to walk this Earth.

So with these words, I will stop my typing for tonight. I’m still unsure on my frequency with writing some posts. It’s not that I won’t continue my frank honesty, but I need to decide myself my own direction. Do me a favor and go give your family a kiss or a phone call. You never know what your future will hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment