Monday, December 17, 2012

Four Year Olds


I just returned home after an enjoyable concert of small three and four year olds singing their heart out about the newborn birth and impending visit by Santa. They didn’t stand straight. Their voices barely broke through the sounds of a grand piano. Their garland halos were crooked and holiday attire clenched. It was absolutely precious. I sat in front of these little bodies and couldn’t wipe the horror of twenty other youngsters barely older than these darlings whose parents were not clapping away with pride in their faces, yet my mind returned to leading these small youngsters. It was quite a special performance. This was what Christmas is all about.

Bob and I have been fortunate enough to be involved in multiple Christmas gatherings. Lewy had us missing just a few of them and to those hosts and hostesses, I’m sorry that we could not gather with you that day. I hope they continue to think of us and even invite us to other parties. We are never sure when Lewy will show up, but we are doing are ultimate most to keep joy in our hearts. Social experiences are vital to Bob’s clutch on sanity. I accept that Lewy will interfere and try to eliminate any outings, but I resolve that Bob and I are not in hibernation.

Last night was fabulous as the Christmas cards were finished and Santa Claus 3 shone from our TV. The slim Christmas tree glowed with the homemade ornaments that warm my heart. Ollie’s skill at helping with the tree is evident since 14 ornaments hang from only 2 branches. The top fourth of the tree is darkened due to lights too stubborn to light. At the top is an angel made by Stephanie when she was the same age as my darling students. Christmas is alive and well in the Ichida home.

The grandsons help to add that extra twinkle in the holiday and extra bulk to our Visa card. The Elf on the Shelf is a December visitor. I love to hear my grandson describe the latest antics of this stuffed icon. His younger brother is convinced Santa should bring a LIVE crocodile-leaving Nanny (Non – E) that’s me, to find a live lion for under the tree.

So life here is very good. Although Lewy has provided a bit of a twist, it also makes Bob and I appreciate every instance of lucidity. Sometimes I feel that I have more problems with any cognitive skills than my hubby. We are here for each other. Thanks God! Life is good.

God Uses Lewy to Prove that Life is Good
         Lewy gives us the ability to focus on the good times while we ignore the not so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment