Monday, October 1, 2012

Autumn Colors


The autumn colors have begun to splash against the trees with breathtaking peeks at heaven. Yellows, oranges and reds cover the foliage as you travel the roads with each turn becoming more and more vibrant. Jack Frost has showed his ADHD tendencies, as he must have bounced throughout the forests showering the leaves with all the colors on the palette. Each new day brings new colors on new leaves along my path.

I love the fact that as the trees age and winter days approach, those leaves show off their unique personality. Bright colors beg people to look their way. They will go out with glory before drying up and dropping to the cold ground. Some leaves try to cling onto the branches while others seem to fall before their time, yet God has given each one the spectacular ability to awe the world.

People need to feel that same way. It’s demoralizing to hide away in sterile shelters missing the time to show off in style. The Red Hat Society has the right idea as members gather together in purple and red. There are too few such organizations. My age has allowed me to join such a group, but I haven’t taken advantage of such an opportunity at this time.

Now Bob has Lewy Bodies Dementia. I want to show him off and shout to the world that he is one special guy. Lewy’s weird characteristics shouldn’t override the fabulous features of my beloved. He sees the wonderful possibilities in our grandsons more than the strange creatures part of his hallucinations. His limbs quake but have held me up for many a year through many a hurdle. I guess it is up to me to splash that color on my husband as the future years further deteriorate his frame.

So, that’s what I’ll do. We won’t hide alone in our home, afraid to venture forth just because of some tired limbs or confusion about trivial facts. I’m blessed with a wonderful husband who loves me all the way to the depths of his heart. He’s got lots to show off. With God, I’ll help him continue to do so.

God Uses Our Love to Prove that Life is Good
          It’s so easy to show off my husband just like those autumn leaves. Life is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment